Kabissa was a non-profit organization that existed between 1999 and 2018. Its mission was to help African civil society organizations put ICT to work for the benefit of their communities.
Kabissa provided internet services including domain name registration and hosting of websites, email, and mailing lists. It also kept organizations connected with each other and information relevant to their work through a regular email newsletter, organization directory and blog. Kabissa’s workshop program, Time To Get Online, delivered face to face training to organizations, and trained trainers from African organizations who then carried out training programs using the Time To Get Online curriculum.
I am very proud of Kabissa, and am deeply grateful to colleagues, members and partners I had the privilege to work with and learn from during the various stages of Kabissa’s evolution as an organization. We did great things, and helped many organizations throughout Africa to gain access to valuable online services and figure out how to use them.
Some things you might like to do
- Domains registered by Kabissa are no longer being renewed. If your domain is on this list, you need to take action ASAP.
- There are some cool domains there that have no known owner - if you have ideas for one of them, let me know and I’m happy to talk about giving it to you.
- Tobias is community manager. Connect with him there!
- Network brings together civil society organizations around the world working on legal empowerment, including a strong African contingent. We’d love to see you there!
- Many fabulous ways to connect: online forum, resource library including how-to guides, member directory, online meetings, learning exchanges, annual leadership course, justice for all advocacy campaign, biannual grassroots justice prize…
- Let me know you were a Kabissa member when you sign up, and I’ll add you to a message to bring us all together there. Maybe we can think up something interesting to do as a group to advance access to justice in Africa.
- Reconnect with Tobias and former Kabissa members and colleagues
- Share Kabissa stories
- Access Kabissa newsletters, annual reports, survey results and other materials, including the full Time To Get Online archive
- Access non-Kabissa related discussions with Tobias and friends